|| Providing & Protecting
Your Business Information:
Providing access to your data in a
timely and efficient manner to your end users is a given
in today's fast paced & demanding
business environment. Protecting this data from a Disaster
Recovery situation is often not given as high priority,
doing something about that tomorrow"
OR "in the
Many businesses do not even know how
long their systems would be down should an unforeseen situation
arise where their System's Server are out of action. We outline
below some backup strategies a business can implement.
Data Protection / Disaster Recovery
Planning - Basic:
- Backup Device - Disk, Tape Drive - DAT, DLT, SDLT,
- Backup Software - Veritas BackupExec Solutions.
- Backup Strategy - How Far back do you wish to
go to restore archived data? = Number of Tapes required.
- Off Site Storage of Backup Media.
- Backup Solution Monitored/Audited regularly.
- Disaster Recovery Testing.
Ideally your Tape/Storage Device Capacity should exceed
the capacity of your Server. An Automated Storage Library
system would otherwise have to be considered as these can
be loaded with multiple tapes to cover large system backups.
Symantec Backup Exec